Programming arpeggios to Roland Juno Ds performances

Reaction score
Hi all

I am a drummer - to manage your expectations of my knowledge

I recently got a Roland Juno DS, my first proper workstation, and have been havinng great fun programming performances for the 80s alternative pop band I am in. However I have hit a block and I’m hoping you proper keyboard players might be able to help.

I am trying to make a performance for Hungry Like the Wolves - Duran Duran by splitting the keyboard into two parts. One for the synth and one for the arpeggiated part. I can make the arpeggiator work outside of performance mode, however I can’t seem to find a way to add the arpeggiator to just one of the 2 parts in my split performance. No luck with the manual or parameter guide either

I hope that makes sense.

Thank you.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I think you have high expectations for a sub $1000 keyboard. :)

Personally I doubt it's doable but you might want to ask the experts over at

Stuff like this is the reason bands like Duran Duran use a whole rack of keyboards. :)

If you ever do find a solution or a workaround please do get back to us for the archives so the next user will know for sure.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I think you have high expectations for a sub $1000 keyboard. :)

Personally I doubt it's doable but you might want to ask the experts over at

Stuff like this is the reason bands like Duran Duran use a whole rack of keyboards. :)

If you ever do find a solution or a workaround please do get back to us for the archives so the next user will know for sure.

Gary ;)
This keyboard is already doing so much more than I expected, it never ceases to amaze. I got it for £450 second hand (basically new) and I couldn’t be happier. However, it never harms to ask

Will keep the thread updated

Reaction score
I am no expert but I've found it's possible to do it. When i was trying to get sounds for a Van Halen song, "Why can't this be love", i was able to have the bass part with arpeggiator and the lead synth part without it. I remember i created the bass part first, added arpeggiator to this first layer of the performance, and then i added the lead synth part.
I'll post more details about this performance when I get home.

Reaction score
Okay, here's how i remember i did it. First i came up with the part being arpeggiated, in my case, the bass line. Just chose a sound (Patch) and applied arpeggiator. Next i found the sound and effects for the right hand. Created a Performance using these sounds, when you turn on the Arp button set the arp effect on either LOWER or UPPER sound. I'll get some pictures later today.

Reaction score
Performance with two sounds, in this particular case, we need the arpeggio on the LOWER part.

20200512_213009.jpg

Reaction score
By pressing the Arpeggio button we get these options, select either LOWER or UPPER part. Hope this helps.
(The actual tempo for Why can't this be love, by Van Halen is 88 bpm, btw)

20200512_212309.jpg

Last edited:

Ask a Question