Software to use in live performances with kontakt

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I'm diggin' into midi controllers, and I'd like to try playing live using my midi controller and my Mac.

So I tried Ableton live but it has so many things that I really don't need at all, and for what I want I find Ableton a very complex software, I need something simple. I play in a covers band so I need to switch sounds all the time and sometimes I even need to have a "scene" with layers of sounds or a splitted keyboard.

In a yamaha modx or a roland fantom to do this is a piece of cake, that's all I need.

But I also would like to be able to load kontakt within this software, it seems that Mainstage could be a possible solution for what I need, but I wanted to ask you if you know other possible options ?

Thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
Look into Gig Performer. It's similar to Mainstage in that it is a DAW that is totally geared towards performance, and just performance. I have used it successfully myself for live performances, including with Native Instrument VSTs (including Kontakt) as well as Arturia VSTs. It has a small footprint, and can be used in simple and complex setups.

Ask a Question