This newbie needs help.

Reaction score
Ok, I played piano for several years about 20 years ago and hadn't in a long time until my Church Worship Leader found out I played and now has me playing keyboard with our Praise Band. The Church has a Yahama DGX-500 and have had it for a long time. I am enjoying playing again and am having fun being able to change the sounds depending on the song we are doing. Now our worship leader is wanting to buy me a newer keyboard to play on with newer features. He mentioned a Nord 2 and our music store has a Kurzweil SP6 he is wanting me to go look at also. Which would be better? I use different sounds and would love to be able to layer them more and also I sometimes find myself changing sounds in middle of songs also. Any advice appreciated!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If you enjoy "digging under the hood," the definitely test drive the Kurzweil.

The Nord 2 is also an excellent piece of gear. You can't really go wrong with either one.

My advice is to download both manuals from the web, do your homework, and THEN take them both out for a spin.

Just to give you even more to check out on, also check out Kawai's MP7 and MP11SE.

They are still one of the gold standards for stage pianos.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
If you enjoy "digging under the hood," the definitely test drive the Kurzweil.

The Nord 2 is also an excellent piece of gear. You can't really go wrong with either one.

My advice is to download both manuals from the web, do your homework, and THEN take them both out for a spin.

Just to give you even more to check out on, also check out Kawai's MP7 and MP11SE.

They are still one of the gold standards for stage pianos.

Gary ;)
Thanks!

Ask a Question