Kurzweil PC 88

Reaction score
I have two zones on my pc88 that are dead (no sound).
Zone 1. Bottom, A thru E,
Zone 2. C# above middle c, thru G#.
In each situation there are 8 keys malfunctioning.
There is no rhyme or reason for this, they just didn't sound one day!
Has anyone experienced a similar problem, and how was it resolved?
Any input is appreciated.
Deemster

Reaction score
Welcome.

Sorry that your first post is about your troubles.

My advice in posts such as yours is to save all your user data if you have any in the keyboard and then perform a factory reset.

If this rectifies the problem you can then reload user data and try again.

If the reset does not work follow Dave’s advice.

BTW
Did you happen to do any system update prior to you experiencing the problem

Reaction score
My PC88mx came back from the shop (replacing the battery) a half step higher. A sounds like Bb. I have no desire to go back to the same place in Seattle. Ideas?

Reaction score
Transposed it down one step but, of course it comes back in the higher key when you turn it off and then on. I also tried pushing the "enter" button but to no avail. The screen should have said, "are you sure?" Maybe the enter button does not work.

Reaction score
Welcome.

Sorry that your first post is about your troubles.

My advice in posts such as yours is to save all your user data if you have any in the keyboard and then perform a factory reset.

If this rectifies the problem you can then reload user data and try again.

If the reset does not work follow Dave’s advice.

BTW
Did you happen to do any system update prior to you experiencing the problem
I tried doing the factory reset procedure a week ago but am not seeing the enter button responding. I have not tried doing a system update procedure. Odds are that I am doing something wrong.
Do a factory reset, this should restore the keyboard back to factory and reset the tuning.
Thanks, Dave. Do I have to store that data somewhere else other than the keyboard when I do this? Or, does it just stay in there until ready to use? Pardon my ignorance. I did not have this problem until the shop replaced the battery and made the key action smoother.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If the repair tech caused the issue and you seem pretty clueless why not bring it back to him to fix as warranty work?

Seriously, the manuals are freely available at kurzweil's website and we don't need to read them for you.

Check the Kurzweil Knowledge Base under their support page.

You should be able to figure it out.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
check setup #126. this is the default setup for all programs. he may have transposed the keyboard one half step up somewhere in the setup. also, i would get the enter button fixed since it is vital to operating the keyboard. also, in midi mode check to see if the control setup is assigned to setup #126. it might be pointing to a different setup that somehow instructs the keyboard to play one step up. a factory reset would definitely fix your tuning issues. keep messing around with the enter button, you might be able to get it working unless the connection was somehow dislodged during the repair. if you can get it working do the factory reset. you will need to store your user stuff before doing the reset. also, if you do the factory reset successfully try the keyboard for tuning BEFORE reloading your user programs and other stuff, it might be that there is an issue with one of your user objects that is causing the issue.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If the repair tech caused the issue and you seem pretty clueless why not bring it back to him to fix as warranty work?

Seriously, the manuals are freely available at kurzweil's website and we don't need to read them for you.

Check the Kurzweil Knowledge Base under their support page.

You should be able to figure it out.

Gary ;)
Thank you, Gary.

Reaction score
KURZWEIL PS6 - Issues- Lighted Display is lit , but no sound when striking any button or key..... Hmm ?

When powered up , this is what shows up on my screen. ( see attachment)

no sound. , nothing . Just what is shown on the digital screen.

Any suggestions ??

Would not having the exact power supply affect me turning on and playing the Kurweil PS6 88 Keyboard ?

I'm using an alternate power supply just to get this keyboard to turn on .

Still waiting on Amazon to deliver the factory power supply.

Thanks for any help.......

Dusty

Attachments

• 20220209_123858.jpg
    20220209_123858.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 11
Reaction score
My PC88mx came back from the shop (replacing the battery) a half step higher. A sounds like Bb. I have no desire to go back to the same place in Seattle. Ideas?
Now it seems that the only two presets that are sounding a half-step higher are the piano and the bass.. The other presets are OK. Ideas?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
SP6>>>

Power supply is not an issue or you would have dead board.

Try a factory reset and restore from backup.

PC88 >>>

Same advice.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question