Trying to identify this Yama keyboard from around 1993 - 1996

Reaction score
Thank you for approving me to this forum.. I am a New York studio musician / session player, and have this picture of me playing a Yamaha keyboard, around 1992 - 1994. I wrote several songs using this keyboard and want to buy / find a used one to buy, because it has unique backgrounds / sequenced rhythm patterns. I have a picture - how can I attach this picture of the keyboard?
I appreciate any way you could guide me to finding out the make and model of this keyboard - I have looked at images of older Yamahas but never saw an image exactly like this, silver in color. THANK YOU it has a unique sequence I used for several songs, which I must now remaster.

Attachments

• MeInTexasWhatYAMAHAkeyboardIsThis1992to1995.jpg
    MeInTexasWhatYAMAHAkeyboardIsThis1992to1995.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 58
Reaction score
Thank you very much for this list! Unfortunately, in my track notes I did not write down the model. All I have is this picture of me playing it. I am holing somebody will see the profile from the side, the profile, and know which model it is. But thank you for this list.
Richard Trifan

Attachments

• MeInTexasWhatYAMAHAkeyboardIsThis1992to1995.jpg
    MeInTexasWhatYAMAHAkeyboardIsThis1992to1995.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 14
Reaction score
To me it looks like the old DGX-415 that I owned many years ago or possibly the PSR or YPG equivalent. I started with a PSR-293 (equivalent to DGX-203) and moved up a few times to currently a DGX-650 (can't move on to the next gen as the keyboard in that one is awful). The wrapped plastic ends suggests PSR to me.
I've migrated 4 times in this family and can't say that the styles have ever been all that stimulating and evolution seems to be more a matter of adding more than advancing: some voices seem to have gotten a lot of attention and styles not so much (thank got they saved disco beats).

Reaction score
Thank you for approving me to this forum.. I am a New York studio musician / session player, and have this picture of me playing a Yamaha keyboard, around 1992 - 1994. I wrote several songs using this keyboard and want to buy / find a used one to buy, because it has unique backgrounds / sequenced rhythm patterns. I have a picture - how can I attach this picture of the keyboard?
I appreciate any way you could guide me to finding out the make and model of this keyboard - I have looked at images of older Yamahas but never saw an image exactly like this, silver in color. THANK YOU it has a unique sequence I used for several songs, which I must now remaster.
That looks like a PSR-2000.

Ask a Question