Best small amp for keyboards

Reaction score
In that case, plug all those inputs into the Zoom and the Zoom's output to the CD IN on the receiver.

Easy peasy... :D
Might be easy for you!

Ok let's get this straight. Keyboard is plugged into the stereo inputs or mono? And then I use RCA cables between receiver and Zoom using which connections? I do have a CD changer hooked up to receiver now. Do I unplug that and replace RCA from Zoom?

Reaction score
Unless your stereo has a tape monitor and an aux input this is where you add a mixer to the setup. In my case I hook up the keyboard and the CD Player to a small mixer and feed it into the CD input on the stereo.

Between the "unless" and the "this," I'm not sure I followed exactly what you were trying to say. But tape monitor, aux input, and CD input would all work for your mixer solution (and would be equally required for any of them). Though you don't need the 8 channel mixer to plug in (up to) 4 items... the 4 channel version of the same mixer (or similar) would be fine, since each input is stereo. Though since I see now he has the Zoom mixer, he's got more than enough inputs anyway!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Between the "unless" and the "this," I'm not sure I followed exactly what you were trying to say. But tape monitor, aux input, and CD input would all work for your mixer solution (and would be equally required for any of them). Though you don't need the 8 channel mixer to plug in (up to) 4 items... the 4 channel version of the same mixer (or similar) would be fine, since each input is stereo. Though since I see now he has the Zoom mixer, he's got more than enough inputs anyway!

Look at the panel on the mixer I showed. It's 4 Stereo OR 8 Mono switchable channels.

Reaction score
Ok before long everyone is going to be involved in my dilemma.

So far I have Nautilus plugged into mixer on channel 9/10 stereo. And the jack for CD player is now plugged into 11/12 RCA on mixer. I have stereo switched to CD player. No sound from keyboard. Should keyboard be plugged into the main left and right jacks instead of stereo as for recording?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
mixer.jpg

Here's a simple diagram of my hookup.

Add the keyboard and you're home free.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You hook up each MONO channel in Pairs.

TS L&R To RCA L&R. Usually you don't plug stuff in and out while the circuit is hot. DO NOT plug TRS into a TS Socket.

Reaction score
You hook up each MONO channel in Pairs.

TS L&R To RCA L&R. Usually you don't plug stuff in and out while the circuit is hot. DO NOT plug TRS into a TS Socket.
I shut everything down. Looked at everything I have and I don't have that right configuration. Only RCA L/R to single 1/4 TRS. So I need 1/4 TS L/R on end to go into mixer and RCA L/R to go into stereo in jack for CD player.vDo I now have it right?

Reaction score
Look at the panel on the mixer I showed. It's 4 Stereo OR 8 Mono switchable channels.
No... Each of the 8 inputs is individually switchable for mono or stereo. It handles 8 stereo inputs (via 1/4" TRS connections). So it does 8 Stereo or 8 Mono inputs (or presumably combinations thereof).

Last edited:
Reaction score
No... Each of the 8 inputs is individually switchable for mono or stereo. It handles 8 stereo inputs (via 1/4" TRS connections). So it does 8 Stereo or 8 Mono inputs (or combination of some of each).
Ok this mixer has 8 mono/XLR channels and two each stereo L/R channels (9/10 and 11/12). Also two (2) L/R RCA channels. It has L/R out for monitors and five separate channels A-E for headphones. And a separate L/R channel next to headphone jacks.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
No... Each of the 8 inputs is individually switchable for mono or stereo. It handles 8 stereo inputs (via 1/4" TRS connections). So it does 8 Stereo or 8 Mono inputs (or combination of some of each).
You couldn't possibly be more wrong.

In mixers, channels are always mono.

Please get your facts straight.

Reaction score
I shut everything down. Looked at everything I have and I don't have that right configuration. Only RCA L/R to single 1/4 TRS. So I need 1/4 TS L/R on end to go into mixer and RCA L/R to go into stereo in jack for CD player.vDo I now have it right?
So if I get the correct cable configuration this will in effect work?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Ok this mixer has 8 mono/XLR channels and two each stereo L/R channels (9/10 and 11/12). Also two (2) L/R RCA channels. It has L/R out for monitors and five separate channels A-E for headphones. And a separate L/R channel next to headphone jacks.
Ignore scott's babbling. He's talking out of his a$$.

Reaction score
I didn't mean to cause such confusion. I should have just plugged keyboard into Eurolive PA system!

Ask a Question