Best small amp for keyboards

Reaction score
With the proper cables it will work perfectly.

Get a stereo pair of TS cables to input from the Nautilus to the Zoom.

Think everything I have is TRS. So when I get those they will be plugged into L/R on mixer OR one in each other channel (channels 1-8)? And then still get the other configuration for from stereo to mixer. Why can't you use TRS in this setup?

Reaction score
You couldn't possibly be more wrong.

In mixers, channels are always mono.

Please get your facts straight.
Ignore scott's babbling. He's talking out of his a$$.
I was talking about the Moukey mixer you suggested (not the zoom), any my description of that was correct (e.g. that you would only need the 4 input version of that to mix 4 stereo inputs, you would not need the 8 that you posted the pic of). You are wrong that mixer channels are always mono. "Please get your facts straight."

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Look at
I was talking about the Moukey mixer you suggested (not the zoom), any my description of that was correct (e.g. that you would only need the 4 input version of that to mix 4 stereo inputs, you would not need the 8 that you posted the pic of). You are wrong that mixer channels are always mono. "Please get your facts straight."
Look at the top row of buttons on the mixer. 8 Mono or 4 Stereo selectable pairs.

The description has some errors in it.

The only time you use TRS on a mono channel is for balanced outputs.

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If you plug a TRS
Think everything I have is TRS. So when I get those they will be plugged into L/R on mixer OR one in each other channel (channels 1-8)? And then still get the other configuration for from stereo to mixer. Why can't you use TRS in this setup?
If you plug a stereo out to a mono in or vice versa the amplifiers try to drive each other resulting in weird feed feedback currents.

It could blow out the channel eventually.

Reaction score
Look at

Look at the top row of buttons on the mixer. 8 Mono or 4 Stereo selectable pairs.
Ok gentlemen it's not worth getting into a squabble. Some of the facts were missing. At the end of the day does it change anything?

Reaction score
Ok makes sense. For recording though I use TRS to TRS between keyboard and mixer.
If you plug a TRS

If you plug a stereo out to a mono in or vice versa the amplifiers try to drive each other resulting in weird feed feedback currents.

It could blow out the channel eventually.

Reaction score
Look again. There are 8 buttons (two rows of 4) corresponding to the 8 input jacks and 8 knobs. Each one can be used for a mono input (using a TS cable) or a stereo input (using a TRS cable), allowing you to have up to 8 mono inputs or 8 stereo inputs.

Ok gentlemen it's not worth getting into a squabble. Some of the facts were missing. At the end of the day does it change anything?
If you're using the Zoom, it has no bearing on your situation. If for some reason you end up not using the Zoom and look back at this thread for other possible solutions, or If anyone else following the thread (or finding themselves here from a google search, whatever) is interested in what the Moukey mixer does, then at least the right info can be found.

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Look again. There are 8 buttons (two rows of 4) corresponding to the 8 input jacks and 8 knobs. Each one can be used for a mono input (using a TS cable) or a stereo input (using a TRS cable), allowing you to have up to 8 mono inputs or 8 stereo inputs.

If you're using the Zoom, it has no bearing on your situation. If anyone else following the thread (or finding themselves here from a google search, whatever) is interested in what the Moukey mixer does, the info might as well be accurate.

71W1hEZGAlL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Look again at the labelling of the top row. The channels and inputs are labeled as stereo pairs. And there is a single mono stereo button on the right side of the unit.

Reaction score
I think this is my cue to bow out and let the dust settle! Thank you for everyone's input. Will get proper cables and then give progress report. In the meantime I will resort to PA system.

Reaction score
Look again at the labelling of the top row. The channels and inputs are labeled as stereo pairs.
{sigh} You're misunderstanding that labeling. Just read the Amazon page you posted the link to. It says:
  • The audio mixer 8 channel has 8 1/4 TRS inputs with 2 1/4 TRS output. Channels are stereo, not mono. Eight volume knobs on the stereo mixer to adjust each input level.
Yes, it mixes 8 *stereo* sources. If you only have 4 stereo sources, you can get the smaller, cheaper 4 channel version of the mixer.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
And I'm thinking it's a typo by a copywriter who misunderstands the product.

First of all I have never in 6 decades seen a TRS stereo input that is switchable between 1 or 2 channels.

If they are TRS then they are meant to be balanced or unbalanced. NOT mono or stereo.

If it actually is a 16 channel mixer the circuitry would be horribly complex and where are the additional 8 volume/balance controls?

If you doubt me send a query to the vendor.

Reaction score
where are the additional 8 volume/balance controls?

There are 8 stereo volume controls on the front panel, for the individual (stereo) input channels. No balance controls, stereo in simply gives you stereo out.

If you doubt me send a query to the vendor.

I already know the answer. If you want confirmation, YOU write to the vendor. ;-) Or order one and try it out, Amazon's good for that. These things are actually quite useful. I've used things like this.

I especially like this one, where not only can the inputs be switched for mono or stereo, but they can also be switched for line level or mic level. Plus it has both 1/4"and1/8" TRS inputs so you don't have to bother with adapters if you need one or the other.

Ask a Question