Best small amp for keyboards

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Ok not quite done with this. Why can't I use the TRS cables currently hooked up to the keyboard and Zoom 9/10 stereo channels?
They'll work if the zoom supports them. Otherwise no effect. You can drive an unbalanced input with a balanced cable but it will not bring any advantage to the table.

Your Sony's input, however, is unbalanced.

Last edited:
Reaction score
They'll work if the zoom supports them. Otherwise no effect. You can drive an unbalanced input with a balanced cable but it will not bring any advantage to the table.

Ok so now we have concluded I only need to get the RCA/TS stereo cable for connection between stereo and Zoom. Am going to order today and want to make sure I am getting right cable. And these will be the Y split!

Reaction score

When this whole mess is over with I am hoping the end result will be worth it.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Ok so now we have concluded I only need to get the RCA/TS stereo cable for connection between stereo and Zoom. Am going to order today and want to make sure I am getting right cable. And these will be the Y split!
Between Zoom and Sony You need a pair of TS and a pair of RCA connectors. Personally I prefer to have a handful of RCA to TS adapters and a cheap RCA stereo hookup cable of appropriate length in those situations,

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW, a lot of this confusion revolves around the fact that TRS, TS, balanced and unbalanced, stereo and mono connectors all use the same 1/4" phone plug form factors and the only way to know what you're getting is to read the manufacturers specs.

It's a stupid system in use for a century now.

Reaction score
Between Zoom and Sony You need a pair of TS and a pair of RCA connectors. Personally I prefer to have a handful of RCA to TS adapters and a cheap RCA stereo hookup cable of appropriate length in those situations,
Ok am going to get ordered today. What an education this has been!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Usually Balanced Cables and XLR connectors are really only necessary for large venue operations where cables can run 100ft or more. For kicking around in small clubs and bedroom studios the advantages are negligible.

All the balanced cable is, is a coaxial conductor carrying two identical signal lines instead of one. One signal is 180 degrees out of phase with the other, effectively doubling the signal amplitude at the destination.

This can be a problem with a 10mVpp signal in an electrically noisy environment. It won't fix a ground loop but it can really be a blessing around electric fans, refrigerators, or electric motors of any kind.

For my home studio, TS cables and connectors do an adequate (and much cheaper) job of translating my music into audio. Remember what copper prices are these days and TRS uses double the copper per linear foot. :)

If you don't really need it, unbalanced is the way to go. :)

Gary ;)

My unsolicited opinion?

Hosa Cables are the best bang for the buck out there.

I've been using some almost 3 decades without a single failure yet.

No name cables tend to disconnect at the plugs with typical wear and tear.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I've received multiple replies from users. Nothing from the manufacturers.

I've pulled the question. most of the replies came from users of the 4 channel model.

I've posted a less ambiguous question and will wait for the seller's response.

Last edited:

Ask a Question